Volunteer for 12 months in 2015-2016 (starting September 2015) with Volunteering for All
DEADLINE: December 15, 2014.
Number of volunteers: 4
Applicant country: all the Erasmus plus eligible countries
NevoParudimos, Association Volunteering for All and Phiren Amenca opened a call for applications for young people between 18 and 30 years to participate in a European Voluntary Service (EU Erasmus+ program) project in Oravita, Romania.
Volunteering for all is searching for volunteers who eager to work with small children (kindergarten) but also with bigger kids (high school age). Volunteering for all association is formed by students and by volunteers from Resita. The main priority of this association is to make youth involve more in volunteering and civic activities. That being said, the project “Volunteers for non-formal education” is all about helping the community of Oravita, and to help with the improvement of non formal education.
Main activities (the volunteers will be split in two different parts of the NGO):
- Two volunteers will work with the little children at the kindergarten, developing different non formal education activities. A big percentage of the kids are coming from disadvantaged families. The volunteers will be responsible also to develop different projects with the parents of the kids.
- Two volunteers will work with high school students through non formal education in the two high schools in Oravita. Volunteers will develop a theatre and dancing group together with the students and organise craft-curricular activities.
- Also all of the volunteers will have as activities: promoting volunteering activities in order to have new volunteers.
The activities can be adapted also according to the volunteers proposals if they fit whit the project objectives and they are feasible to do it in Oravita!
Profile of volunteers:
• Aged between 18 and 30 years;
• Enthusiastic about working with kids of different ages;
• English knowledge, at least the minimum basis, to be able to communicate with the staff and the other volunteers;
• Minimum knowledge about working with computers, internet (e-mails, Office and Pdf, power point presentations);
• Open minded and sociable;
• Have at least the minimum of experience with kids;
• Have at least the minimum of knowledge about education (formal or non formal);
• Able to work in teams;
• Have a minimum pedagogical or youth work experience;
• Have experience about theater and different youth activities;
• Have a minimum knowledge about voluntary work and working with youngsters and kids;
• Have a minimum knowledge about painting and how to make handmade objects.
Altough the associtiaon Volunteering for all is from Resita, the volunteers will stay in Oravita and they will make the activities in the same city. The volunteers will stay in an apartment and they will have all the utilities assured. Oravita is a town in southwestern Romania, in Caraș-Severin County, the population is around 15 thousand .
The program is fully covered, providing room, board, health insurance, monthly ticket for local transport, language course and monthly pocket money. Volunteers will be provided with 2 national seminars in Romania during their service, and 2 international Phiren Amenca seminars.
The call for applications is open for young Roma and non-Roma between 18 and 30 years. Send your motivation letter, CV, and Phiren Amenca application form until the 15th of December to Flavia Rasovan to email@example.com as well as at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Phiren Amenca Volunteer Application Form (PDF) here
Dates of the project: 09.2015 – 09.2016
Nevo Parudimos in the EVS database: http://europa.eu/youth/vp/organisation/947590188_en
For more information please contact: Flavia Rasovan (volunteer coordinator) at email@example.com