Phiren Amenca – RGDTS Nonprofit Kft. is looking for a full-time voluntary service coordinator for its coordination office in Budapest. Phiren Amenca is an international network of Roma and non-Roma volunteers and voluntary service organizations creating opportunities for non-formal education, dialogue and engagement in order to challenge stereotypes and racism.
- Communication with network member organizations and other partner organizations
- Coordinating the exchange of volunteers among the member and partner organizations
- Reaching out to Roma and non-Roma volunteers and selection of volunteers
- Supporting new organizations in the development of their voluntary service programs
- Fundraising, grant management and reporting for voluntary service projects
- Supervision of volunteers in the Phiren Amenca office
- Conceptualizing and organizing preparatory, mid-term and evaluation seminars for volunteers
- Building up and supporting the accreditation of new placements
- Organizing info days and PR for the voluntary service program
Qualifications and requirements:
- Advanced level of English
- Romanes knowledge is a plus
- Good communication skills
- Experience in the youth field, especially with young Roma
- Experience working in an international context in the voluntary service field
- Flexibility and independent working style
- Ability to work in a team
- Demonstrated commitment to our mission to challenge stereotypes, racism and antigypsyism
We offer: An international and diverse team, diverse tasks, opportunity to develop personally and professionally and bring in own ideas, traveling opportunities.
Working hours: Full-time contract (as maternity cover) from August 1, 2016 to August, 31, 2017 with possibility of renewal, 40 hours per week, some week-end work required, but with compensatory time off.
We especially encourage young Roma to apply.
Place: Krúdy utca 2, fsz. 7, 1088 Budapest
Please send your CV and motivation letter with your suggested salary in English to firstname.lastname@example.org until July 20, 2016.