Volunteer for 12 months in 2015-2016 (starting September 2015)
DEADLINE: December 15, 2014.
Number of volunteers: 4
Applicant country: all the Erasmus plus eligible countries
NevoParudimos and Phiren Amenca opened a call for applications for young people between 18 and 30 years to participate in a European Voluntary Service (EU Erasmus+ program) project in Milcoveni, Romania.
Nevo Parudimos Association from Resita, Romania is searching for volunteers who eager to learn more about the environment and to promote an ecological lifestyle. Nevo Parudimos Association as a noprofit apolitical organisation was founded by a group of teachers, roma activists and roma students from Caras-Severin county, in the south-west part of Romania in 2008. Due to its involvement in numerous projects concerning education, youth and voluntary work, Nevo Prudimos has decided to develop a project that can combine all these three. That`s how “Be responsible, Be green!” was born.
Altough the association is situated in a nice small town from Romania (Resita, Caras-Severin County), the volunteers will stay and do their activities in Milcoveni, at Marabu Camp. Marabu Camp is a youth camp that offers all the necessary utilities (kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms), were beside the camp in the back we have a small farm. Of course, that the volunteers will be able to visit the region and Resita city.
Marabu camp was created by Nevo Parudimos in partnership with a private donor to host youth events and contribute at the same time to the development of the village were its located and the development of the villages near the camp. The place have 60 accommodation places with a cantina and host youth events. Also there is a farm whit animals (chickens, pigs, cows, horses, pigeons, rabbits, ducks, and other animals) and a garden there.
Main activities for the volunteers:
– The 4 volunteers will be split into two groups, each group will have responsabilities, like: beside the work in the farm, one group will be in charge with environmental protection events, with promoting the camp in order to have more volunteers and visitors, promoting voluntary work in the village; while the other group will be in charge with the camp farm, taking care of the animals, gardening and agriculture, promoting ecological agriculture, responsible consume and maintaining the green parts of the camp. Also they will have the responsibility to help their colleagues in their activities
– In every three months, all volunteers will have a chance to promote Erasmus + activities in the community of Milcoveni and in the region as well as they will promote non formal education and outdoor activities for the youngsters from the villages in the area.
– Volunteers will be involved in preparing diferent fruit compote, pickles and jam.
– Once a week volunteers will organize workshops how to create handmade objects from recycled materials for the youngsters from the village and also for the visitors.
– When groups are coming into the camp the volunteers will be the host and guide for the visitors.
– All in all, the volunteers will support the development of Marabu Camp, the development of the farm, will promote the responsible of the consumer, voluntary work, environmental activities and the alternative ecological agriculture.
The activities can be adapted also according to the volunteers proposals if they fit whit the project objectives and they are feasible to do it in Marabu Camp!
Profile of volunteers:
• Age between 18 and 30 years;
• Enthusiastic and eager to learn more about the environment, ecological agriculture and also to get involved in environmental and ecological activities in the rural area in Romania;
• Have English knowledge, at least the minimum bases, to be able to communicate with the staff and the other volunteers;
• Able to work in teams;
• Open minded and sociable;
• Have a minimum knowledge about agriculture, or at least to not be afraid of work in agriculture and with animals;
• Have a minimum knowledge about voluntary work;
• Respect the environment and interested about recycling;
• Want to work with youngsters and take part in trainings and youth exchanges.
The program is fully covered, providing room, board, health insurance, monthly ticket for local transport, language course and monthly pocket money. Volunteers will be provided with 2 national seminars in Romania during their service, and 2 international Phiren Amenca seminars. The volunteers will have accommodation in the camp in single or double rooms, they will have there bathroom and access to the camp kitchen. Also they have TV and Internet.
The call for applications is open for young Roma and non-Roma between 18 and 30 years. Send your motivation letter, CV, and Phiren Amenca application form until the 15th of December to Flavia Rasovan to [email protected] as well as at [email protected]
Download the Phiren Amenca Volunteer Application Form (PDF) here
Dates of the project: 09.2015 – 09.2016
Nevo Parudimos in the EVS database: http://europa.eu/youth/vp/organisation/947590188_en
For more information please contact: Flavia Rasovan (volunteer coordinator) at [email protected]