Deadline December 22, 2013
The 11 months lasting project offers diverse learning and service opportunities including national and international seminars. The project gives an opportunity to the volunteer to live and engage in the local community and projects in Gran Canaria in the time from July 2014 until May 2015.
The Foundation aims to encourage, promote and support activities, actions and programs, aimed for the youth population of the CanaryIsland in order to promote their personal end professional development.
Tasks of the volunteer
Volunteers will participate in activities to develop in areas of the Foundation on the islands of Gran Canaria, Lanzarote and Fuerteventura.
It is very important for the volunteers to be dynamic, outgoing and know how to empathize with young people and to engage in activities we offer. The volunteers would provide new ideas for new activities to meet the project objectives. Also, the volunteer will create new activities, such as conducting educational intervention programs from the theatre and projects to contribute to the magazine and newspaper of the foundation’s Centers or even launch a radio show in which, among other sections and connect them to the Youth in Action program, volunteers experiences and as a result, promote the activities that are ongoing and new initiatives.
Send your EVS application form until December 22, 2013 to Marietta Herfort at [email protected]
The candidates who are preselected will receive some extra questions, so the foundation can select a few candidates for skype interviews. Due to special conditions of the project the foundation need a persons specifically interested in the project and not driven only by desire to “live in Spain, island, etc. ”
Beginning of the project
between 01/07/2014 and 31/05/2015
Description of the hosting organization
Mojo de Caña is a non profit organisation created in 2001, with main objective to propose leisure time activities, sports, cultural and environmental friendly events for young people of the city of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. Mojo de Caña is also producing several young artists in the field of street art and circus.
The organisation works in different fields, such as:
- Support of young people with fewer opportunities, support for leisure time activities of young people living in rural area
- Cultural field: producing and organising spectacle for canarian artists and companies in the field of circus and street art, and organising annual festival “invasion circense”, cultural exchange
- Education to the environment: workcamp in the nature, workshops, trips
- Sociocultural activities: coordination of a socio cultural centre with workshops and activities, courses
- European projects: youth exchanges, initiatives, EVS hosting and sending organisation, promotion of Youth in Action and mobility for young people.