Roma Entrepreneurship Development Initiative REDI
Open call for participants: Become a Young Entrepreneur!
Erasmus + Youth Exchange in Targu Mures, Romania
21-30 September 2018
REDI is organizing the Youth Exchange „Become a Young Entrepreneur” with the support of the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The Roma Entrepreneurship Development Initiative – REDI and its partners are bringing together 40 young people and 8 leaders from Bulgaria, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Moldova, Romania, Serbia and Turkey to take part in the youth exchange Become a Young Entrepreneur!
Become a Young Entrepreneur! will bring Roma, non-Roma, young people from rural and remote areas together to learn about the concept of entrepreneurship, start-up, selling, promoting and sustaining a business, thus, ensuring their own future and helping the community they live in by offering goods and services tailored to their needs.
The youth exchange will take place in the Targu Mures, Romania where REDI has an established Roma Business Club and where the young entrepreneurs can talk in person to the experienced and active Roma business persons.
The main objectives of Become a Young Entrepreneur! are:
- To develop the entrepreneurial spirit of the young people;
- To empower the 40 young people and 8 group leaders from the 8 partner countries in development and implementation of small businesses in their communities;
- To improve the skills necessary to sell and promote a business;
- To train the participants on business management;
- To develop the creativity and innovative thinking of the participants in business development through simulation, faire trade and expert discussions.
PROFILE OF THE PARTICIPANTS
The participants are young Roma and non-Roma interested in entrepreneurship, and leaders who are active in Roma communities, experienced on Roma youth issues.
All participants must also:
- be motivated to develop their competences in entrepreneurship, start-up, selling, promoting and sustaining a business and to share their experiences with other participants
- be able and committed to share and develop their business ideas and experience for the benefit of their own communities: Roma communities, rural communities and other remoted and segregated areas
- be aged 18 – 30
- be committed to attend for the full duration of the course
- be able to work in English
- be resident in one of the partner countries: Bulgaria, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Moldova, Romania, Serbia and Turkey
DATES OF THE ACTIVITY
Arrival: 21 September 2018 (Friday)
Departure: 30 September 2018 (Sunday)
Send an email with your short motivation letter to Andrea Annamária Duka at [email protected] by August 21, 2018.
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD AND TRAVEL
The accommodation, food and travel costs are covered by the organizers of the training. After the selection process, the organizers will be in contact with the partner organizations for travel arrange
ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS?
ABOUT ROMA ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVE REDI
REDI focuses on economic empowerment and financial inclusion of Roma entrepreneurs in Eastern Europe and the Balkans. We are dedicated to enabling access to funding for startups and businesses among Europe’s most vulnerable group – the Roma people.